Saturday, April 5, 2008

Houses and Housework


spike with Pasha
Originally uploaded by redhotknitter
Yesterday was my one day off before a long 6-day stretch and I had to make the most of it! It began with Alberto and Alberta, my potential yard cleaners. We have (more) ivy to strip out and general maintenance to be done. After all of the wind storms this winter, there is too much debris for me to tackle alone and it would take 5 pick-up loads to get it out of our yard. So we'll be hiring A&A to come in and help us out.

As well, I ordered new blinds for the basement, master bed and bath, and my office. Wow! So many options. And having to pick with Rich in mind. But I hope he'll be happy with the choices. I'm excited. We'll have natural light in our bathroom and no more blue venetians. Who would order blue venetians? I'm just asking.

Then I met with our new housecleaners Anna and Rosemaria. After one too many arguments about keeping the house clean, Rich and I agreed it was time for professional help. Every other week, people will come in and make it sparkle, which makes me happy and then Rich will be happy (especially since I won't be "reminding" him to clean).

Then Lola went to the vet. She's a 9 year-old cat in the body of a 6 year-old. Glad one of us is fit! Seriously, no dirty teeth and good health. What more can a kitty mama ask for. She and Spike are no longer speaking (once the scent wears off, they'll be fine). I also have to deworm them. Doesn't that sound fun? It turns out that even totally indoor pets can carry parasites that can harm us, so de-worming here we come. The CDC asks pet owners to de-worm once a year.

Finally, my day ended with a great massage! So nice to get pounded and stretched. I loved it. I'm sore today, but that's okay. I was in pain yesterday and she worked out all of the kinks. What a great way to end my one day off!

Today, its work, work, work. And tomorrow too. If anything happens, I'll let you know.

No comments: