Friday, April 11, 2008

our house

is a very fine house. With two cats and a yard. Life used to be so hard.

Whoa. Stop that song train. But good things are happening at our house. The new house cleaners are fantastic. My house has never been so clean or smelled so good. 9 months without anyone living here took its toll, but I think Rich and I are helping the house feel loved and cared for again.

The yard has been a mess for much longer than we've lived here. The previous owner had it "cleaned" up before we moved in, but there was still much to do. Rich started ripping out the ivy this winter. But now we have Alberto and Alberta the yard wonders. They spent over 10 hours here yesterday ripping, weeding, trimming, pruning, and cleaning up! Our yard looks bare, but wonderful. They will finish up this weekend and then all I have to do is keep it weeded and start deciding what plants to put in the front part.

We know that this yard is truly a five year project. I've bisected it in my mind into parts and part one/year one has begun. Next year the side of the house. This year the front walkway.

Here are some photos. If you've been to the house, you can see what a difference a day of hard labor makes. Thanks to Alberto and Alberta for making the start of my yard dream come true. Yes there were tears on my part.






No comments: